Monday, February 2, 2015

THE EXPERIENCE OF TAIWANESE CULTURE


Taiwan for me is an enthralling experience. I get the opportunity to explore the rich Taiwanese culture and see some of the oldest temple in Taiwan. One of them is Yuanbao Temple. Yuan Bao temple mainly worships Baosheng Dadi, the god of medicine and health, built in 1791. During his lifetime, Baosheng Emperor (Dadi) was known to have done medical miracles.


My love for travel have open my mind to many experiences, for someone majoring in Law Science I never think I’ll find culture and history compelling but am glad to say, that have change because of this particular experience. One's culture is an amalgamation of so many different elements like history, art, cuisine, language and many other tangible and non-tangible aspects. Studying a single culture in-depth requires immense effort and time to fathom the core values and fundamentals

In Taiwan, I have the opportunity to make lots of new friends, from many countries from all over the world. Each one of them teach me something about life, about culture and about people. And then I begin to understand if the different cultures of the world are the essence of various human civilizations, which we have come to acknowledge on a global level and revere as part of each nation's core beliefs and traditions. And we need to respect and appreciate it.


Taiwan teach me many things. I learn how respectful people can be, and also how delicious food can be. Everything is new and different for me. From the remarkable “Old Temple”, tradition, good people, night market, milk bubble tea, stinky tofu, and the list goes on and on. There’s a lot of good things and experience inTaiwan, Taiwan give me the point of view of a totally different culture from mine. I become more open mainded and my perspective to see things have change because of this. Changing is the thing that I always prefer to be with, it is not only helping me in enhancing flexibility skill to adapt with changing of life, but also it pushes me so that trying my best to archive what I want. As a girl coming from Indonesian  Culture, I have never dream about join the tample run project before and gaining a completely new different experience like this, but now I’m glad to be part of it. I never  think I’ll really love this place so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment